Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hacktivism and Christopher Dorner

Groups like anonymous among other hacker groups have often come to the aid of people trying to fight for a liberalized internet and those who have fought to make secrets public knowledge. These groups are now coming to the aid of Christopher Dorner who has been in the news recently for the shooting of two police officers resulting in the death of one. Dorner created a manifesto that displays the hidden racism of the LAPD which he previously worked for and how he was fired for attempting to turn in a fellow officer for being unjust in his actions. Rather than argue weather Dorner's actions are correct I would rather focus on the Hackers coming to his aid.

I sit on the fence in this particular matter. I don't know if I'm okay with the backing of a man who commits murder but I do think it is important to let known the level of corruption in our legal system and more specifically our law enforcement. I think that as long as they don't glorify Dorner for the killings they are doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment